I won an iPad in a contest earlier this year, and its recent addition to my desk has caused all kinds of havoc. Still, a good problem to have. 🙂 Still, there’s a critical point where number of screens per square meter of desk exceeds some threshold and becomes unmanageable.
Food on my desk at this moment:
- Spry xylitol mints (much better for your teeth than jawbreakers)
- 500g package of Yerba Mate, somewhat diminished in the last month
- Package of Yerba Mate + Chocolate tea bags
- Chex Mix, unopened and probably now expired
- A few Reese’s mini peanut butter cups
- Several Emergen-C (vitamin C) packets
- Several Brown Sugar & Ginger tea packets
- Vanilla white tea bags (almost gone, only one left)
- The same disgusting & addictive Pringles Stix. If the big one hits, they’ll beat cannibalism.
- No beverages, but there is an empty cup
Maybe I should get a separate desk just for food items. 🙂 Other bits and pieces include a few electronic parts from MakerFaire, some wilting flowers my little daughter brought me, a CD checked out from the library, and a bunch of papers from Larry Brooks’s _Story Engineering_, an iPad, an iPhone, and a Kindle.
Music: Joe Satriani, Crystal Planet via Pandora.
I have seven pieces out on submission, including one that doesn’t have an estimated response time in Duotrope, and one market that’s not even on Duotrope. I should probably switch into novel-revision mode soon.
What’s on your desk? -m