Playing with the statistics on Goodreads. Apparently I read 115 books in 2014, 14 of which I rated as 5-star. Fourteen books that changed my life and/or I will definitely be re-reading at some point.
I’m working on formulating some more stats based on the data. Goodreads doesn’t do much in the way of breaking out the data for you.
But of the 14, exactly half were non-fiction. The rest were:
- A Treasure of Modern American Poetry
- The Hobbit (already a re-read)
- Red Plenty
- The Martian
- Synchrotronic: Thirteen Tales of Time Travel
- Labrynth: Selected Stories & Other Writings (Jorges Luis Borges)
For the curious, the nonfiction entries were:
- To Mock a Mockingbird
- Writing the Other
- The Personal MBA
- The Beginning of Infinity
- The First 20 Minutes
- Functional Programming in Scala
- Voice and the Alexander Technique
I need to break out some more powerful tools (and more critically, more time) to generate stats on the rest.