One for the FAQ series. Several folks have asked how than can help and support my work. (Which is fantastic!)
So here’s what I’m trying to accomplish, in broad strokes:
- Delighting fans. Reaching a larger audience.
- Experimentation. If half the things I try aren’t failing, I’m not pushing the envelope enough.
- Figuring out what it takes to do self-promotion, which is essential to self-publishing, and something that comes most unnaturally to me.
- Staring small, with low stakes, then building from there.
What you can do:
- Join my mailing list where I often run polls and ask for feedback and preferences.
- Did you love something I wrote? Tell somebody about it. Tweet it. FB-post it. Tumbl it (or whatever the kids call it).
- Post an honest review, preferably on Amazon, the retailer with the best review system.
- Did one of my experiments fall flat? Let me know. Did I do something awesome? Tell me also. 🙂
- Buy my stuff, or buy a copy for someone else. This feeds into the rest.
It’s an amazing feeling to find people willing to get behind my work. Questions? Suggestions? Anything else–get in contact with me.